How to Clean Laser Focus Lenses
Quick and easy
It takes no more than 2 minutes per day to keep the optics clean!
Start by visually inspecting the lens and the mirror on the machining head once a day and checking the side mirrors once a month.
It is a good idea to set fixed times for visual inspections. For example, check the lens every morning, and inspect he side mirrors on the first day of the month. That is all that is necessary, because the optics are protected from dust and dirt by the InPack Technology™.
Step by Step
Step 1: Preparation
- Blow off lint and dust with a blower or compressed air
- Have some detergent and wipes on hand
- Move the working table upward. If the lens falls down during removal, it not fall far and will not break easily.
Step 2: Detergent and wipes
- Remove the lens and rinse it with cleaning fluid
- Place a drop of cleaning fluid on the lens and leave it on for about 1 minute
- Wipe off with a moist cleaning cloth
Now the lens is impeccably clean again and ready for the next application. When cleaning the mirror, you can take the same steps.
Optics: More sensitive than glass
The lenses and mirrors are fragile, so handle them with care. Avoid touching the lens with your fingers or with tools, because the danger of scratching the surface is too great.
We recommend using the included cleaning set, but you can also use cotton swabs.
Need more help?
Contact the Trotec service hotline where top qualified and motivated laser experts will assist you with any questions or problems.