Wooden pen holder
Use our template and instructions to make this creative desk pen holder.
We used engraving materials available at Trotec. (Browse product range: www.trotec-materials.com.)
- 1 sheet solid wood maple 300 x 100 x 5 mm
- Material to cover the engraving table (e.g. paper)
- Pens and business cards
- Speedy 360, 100 Watt
- 2 lens
- Aluminum cutting grid or honeycomb cutting table
For this sample you can use any laser machine from the Speedy laser engraver series.
Check the thickness of the material before you start and adapt the kerf if necessary.
Step by step
Step 1: Import /create design template
Make your own design or use our template. (You can also adjust our template to meet your requirements.)
You can adapt the diameter of the holes depending on the pens you want to insert.
Send the job to the laser using the following print settings:
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
|color||enhanced geometries, inner geometries first|
Step 2: Laser Process
Adjust the parameter settings in your laser software. The suggested parameters can differ depending on the machine used and the laser power:
|Color||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
|Creasing: red||cut CO2||7||1||1000|
|Cutting: red||cut CO2||100||1.6||1000|
We used the standard parameters from JobControl® for 5 mm solid maple.
Step 3: Cleaning and assembly
Remove the wood from the laser and clean it with a damp cloth. To assemble it, simply put together the two parts.
Now this desk accessory is ready to be sold to your customers and filled with pens or business cards.
- Let your creativity flow and make this pen holder out of different materials or use different shapes.
- You can produce the pen holder in advance and add the individual engraving for your customers when needed.