- Before you perform the update, make sure that you have full administrator rights in Windows.
- Run the update immediately after the Windows start-up to avoid conflicts with other applications.
- Before updating the software, create a service file to save the parameter data in the current material database.
How do I create a service file?The service file is created in the JobControl software and saves the material database settings. Use the following steps to create the service file:
- Click on the “Help” tab in JobControl.
- The “Create service file” command creates the file.
- Save the service file locally in order to have it available again after the update.
How do I export my parameter data?
- Open the material database in JobControl by double-clicking on the edit box.
- Use the “Export all” command to export the parameter data in the context menu of the settings as an XML file on your PC.
- After the update, you can load the parameter data back into the software using the “Import from file” command.