Wooden pen holder
It's easy to create an elegant wooden pen holder using Trotec materials and your laser machine. Download our template and follow our instructions below.
You Will Need
- 1x sheet Solid Wood Maple - 300 x 100 x 5mm
- Material to cover the engraving table (e.g. scrap paper)
- Pens / business cards
- Speedy 360, 100W
- 2" lens
- Aluminium cutting grid / Honeycomb cutting table
You can use any laser machine from the Speedy series to create this project.
Ensure that you check the thickness of your chosen material before you start. Adapt the kerf to your specifications if necessary.
Step by step
Step 1: Import/Create the Design Template
Have a go at creating your very own design, or you can always use the sample we have provided. Remember, you can adapt the diameter of each pen-hole depending on what pens you intend on using.
Once you're ready, send the job to the laser machine using the following print settings:
|Process Mode||Resolution||Cut line|
|Colour||Enhanced Geometries, Inner Geometries First|
Step 2: Laser Process
Now it's time to adjust the parameter settings within the JobControl laser software. Remember, these parameters may vary depending on what machine you are using and its available laser power.
|Colour||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
|Red (Creasing)||Cut CO2||7||1||1000|
|Red (Cutting)||Cut CO2||100||1.6||1000|
We decided to use the standard laser parameters in JobControl, specifically for 5mm Solid Maple.
Step 3: Cleaning and assembly
Once the laser process is completed, take the wood out of the machine and lightly wipe it down with a damp cloth. Once you've cleaned the pieces, you only need to attach the two of them together. Your pen holder is ready for use!
- Get creative! You can make this pen holder out of any material you want, and maybe try some different shapes too!
- It's easy to produce this sample in advance and personalise it as you need to. This could save you a lot of time in the future.