JobControl error messages occur for many differing reasons. Below, you will find some troubleshooting tips to help with solving these issues.
Possible reasons for errors and solutions:
Is the job bigger than the available working area of the laser machine?
Solution: Check and possibly adjust the size of the laser job.
Is there no room on the plate for the job because the plate contains too many other laser jobs already?
Solution: The laser job is much too big. Check and possibly adjust the size of the laser job.
Is the plate size set too small?
Solution: Complete the following to check plate size setting and adjust it is you need to:
- Select 'Plate' > 'Configure plate' in the menu.
- Enter the width and height in millimetres inside the pop-up window.
If you don't know the plate size:
- Enter a high value number in the 'width' field (such as '999')
- A small window will appear with info about the current max. engravable width.
- Repeat this step with the 'height' field to get the maximum engravable height.
Reason for error:
Jobs with differing processes or resolutions need to be positioned on the work plate.
The following generally helps with the positioning of several laser jobs:
- Various process types (photos, stamps, seal press, vector job) can't be positioned together on the one plate.
- Jobs with different resolutions can't be positioned on the one plate.
Solution: Define the type of process/resolution using the drop-down menu function in the printer drive once you send the job to the laser.