Trotec was formed in 1997 from a research branch of Trodat and has since then become a world leader in the field of laser technology. As part of the Trodat Trotec Group, Trotec develops, manufactures and markets laser systems for marking, cutting and engraving, as well as engraving materials. Trotec sets new standards, serves customers in more than 90 countries and has more than 450 employees.
In 2015, the turnover of the Upper Austrian laser manufacturer for the first time exceeded € 100 mio. The high-technology laser systems manufacturer relies on the ongoing expansion of its technological lead and on consequent customer orientation. The field staff are qualified and continuously trained by the in-house Academy. With 17 sales subsidiaries, Trotec is internationally active. The export quota is 97 %.
Under the umbrella of Trodat Trotec Holding GmbH, Trodat operates globally in the area of stamp production while Trotec operates in lasers.
The group currently generates a total sales volume of more than € 216 million and has approximately 1,300 employees in more than 30 subsidiaries. The group is present in more than 150 countries with total export quota amounts over 97 %.
Both Trodat and Trotec act as subsidiaries under the umbrella of Trodat Trotec Holding GmbH. Trodat is by far the world’s largest manufacturer of stamps and Trotec leads the world market for laser engraving, cutting and marking.
The management of Trodat Trotec Holding
Ing. Mag. Michael Peduzzi, CEO
Mag. Peter Hofmann, CFO
Trodat Trotec Holding GmbH is a private company completely owned by family foundations.
- Purpose of enterprise: Manufacture and sales of CO₂ and fiber laser systems for engraving, marking and cutting various materials.
- Company foundation: 1997 in Wels, Austria
- Address: Freilingerstr. 99, A-4614 Marchtrenk, Austria
- Production Locations:
- Marchtrenk, Austria: Production of CO₂ and fiber laser plotters
- Markdorf, Germany: Construction of special devices
- New Bern, North Carolina, USA: Production of engraving materials
- Sales volume in 2015: € 101 mio.
- CEOs: DI Dr. Andreas Penz, Ing. Mag. Michael Peduzzi, Peter Hofmann, Alexandra Kutos
- Employees: 450
- Export quota: 97 % (worldwide)
- Offices: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, South Africa, Germany, Switzerland, France, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, China, Japan, Italy, Spain, India, Mexico
- 51 showrooms worldwide
- Distributor network with 113 partners worldwide
- Product portfolio: Rayjet, Speedy series, SP series, SpeedMarker series, ProMarker series, laser & engraving material, industry solutions, automated equipment
- Awards: ISO50001, ISO9001, ISO14001, User Experience Award, Green Building Award, Hidden Champions 3.0 – Award by WKO, iF Design Award