Material you'll need
- 4 mm polyesterfelt in any color
- some ribbon
Step 1: Design and layout
We designed the ideal DIY Easter craft! An Easter basket made of felt, perfect for the little ones to gather their hidden eggs in! And just to make use of all the material, we also filled the remaining felt with Easter eggs for hanging, making the most out of the material. Want to take your crafting to the next level? You can also personalize the Easter basket with the names or Easter wishes. Making your decorations out of various colors of felt will also add an extra festive feel to your crafts. If you don't want the felt Easter eggs for hanging, you could create other decorations like napkin rings or flowers to maximize the material use... Feel free to get creative!
Step 2: Laser Settings & Parameters
Upload the graphics file with your personalized Easter design to the laser.
We have worked with a Speedy 400 with 80 watts laser power and used the following parameters:
- Engraving: Power: 33% - Speed: 50% - Frequency: 500 ppi - Air Assist: ON - Advanced: Optimized Quality
- Cutting: Power: 40% - Speed: 2% - Frequency: 1000 Hz - Air Assist: ON
- Cutting-in: Power: 10% - Speed: 2% - Frequency: 1000 Hz - Air Assist: ON
It only takes two minutes to make these with the laser!
Step 3: Assembly
Once the laser has completed the job, remove the material from the laser, tie the basket together with a ribbon at each end, and attach ribbons to the hanging decorations.
Step 4: Finishing touches
Use these items to decorate your home, your office, or fill the baskets with eggs and candy to make someone an Easter present.
- Weigh the felt down in your laser and use the Vacuum setting so that the felt is kept flat.
- You can also cut and engrave Easter decorations out of wood and with the Trotec laser GS you can engrave coloured Easter eggs in just a few seconds!
We designed an Easter egg with ornaments and the German wish "Frohe Ostern" for "Happy Easter".
You can write other sayings, or the name of the person who you want to give this wooden decoration as an Easter present. Feel free to change the template which we've uploaded for you.