More and more foods are being laser marked. particularly within the organic food sector, natural branding – the direct labeling of fruits and vegetables – is turning into progressively vital, for instance, to differentiate organic foods from standard fruits and vegetables. in addition, laser marking replaces environmentally damaging plastic packaging or stickers. in addition, food labeling or natural branding offers the possibility of applying logos or personalised labels.
- (organic) fruits, such as apples, bananas, pineapples, etc.
- (organic) vegetables, such as cucumbers, squash, potatoes, etc.
- baked goods (bread)
- meats and sausages
- many other types of foods
Natural branding can be done used on almost all food products. Direct laser labeling is done contact-free, so it has no impact on the quality, taste or shelf life of the food.
Environmentally friendly natural branding of (organic) foods:
Particularly within the organic fruits and vegetables sector, natural branding is quickly gaining in quality. Direct lasering of fruits and vegetables eliminates the necessity for environmentally damaging plastic packaging. With natural branding, the manufacturer's or dealer's brand is typically applied.
Food labeling with product data:
With laser technology, foods may also be directly marked with variable content. Food producers will quickly and simply add product data (date, origin, harvest or production date, etc.) with text, numbers and codes.
Food marking for advertising functions
Whether an apple is labeled with a corporate emblem and distributed at a trade fair or expo, Easter eggs are engraved, or a loaf of bread is embellished with the baker's brand – with laser marking, branded foods can also be used for advertising purposes. The possibilities are just about endless.
Environmentally friendly, durable, flexible
Natural stigmatisation offers several advantages for food manufacturers and retailers:
The marking is sturdy, in contrast to stickers that do not adhere well and may be removed easily.
With direct food labeling, no plastic packaging is required – much to the delight of the atmosphere and customers.
All types of labeling are attainable using the laser: logos, text, images, serial numbers, codes (including with dynamic content).
- Using a laser to label food is the only possible direct marking method (natural branding)
- Other labeling methods, such paper labels or stickers, do not adhere well, especially to foods with a rough surface
Advantages of a Trotec laser
- Product portfolio with laser systems that cover all applications
- Flatbed systems with working areas up to 726 x 432 mm
- SpeedMarker CL for integration into product lines
- Special systems tailored to customer requirements (apple marking system already available)
- All types of information content can be lasered – including dynamic content (such as the date), logos, photos, text, (serial) numbers, codes, barcodes, data matrix codes, QR codes, etc.
Advantages of a Trotec laser
- Easy to use laser software (JobControl or SpeedMark)
- When integrated into production plants, data from ERP systems can also be imported and used for marking (SpeedMark)
- Very fast marking possible, even of variable contents (for example, serial numbers, codes)
- Food labeling with a range of labeling content possible with no effort
Advantages of a Trotec laser cutting and engraving machine
- Extensive product portfolio from entry-level machines to automated systems
- Intelligent, intuitive labeling software system for simple operation
- Can be integrated into production plants
- Content from ERP files can be integrated
- With laser marking, environmentally harmful packaging can be avoided
- Materials such as labels and ink are not required
Advantages of a Trotec laser marking machine
- Years of experience in the laser marking sector
- Product portfolio that covers all requirements
- Application expertise