Create the optimal environment for your Trotec laser system – whether in sweltering summer heat or in a fresh winter breeze.
The following conditions are ideal for Trotec laser devices:
- Room temperature between +59 to +82°F)
- Relative humidity between 40% and 70%
You should also protect the device from direct sunlight.
Make sure that the environment for your laser does not get too cold. Conditions that are too cold can lead to condensation in the laser tube which causes damage. In addition, greases and oils can harden, affecting the mechanical parts.
Install a frost guard on the heater to keep the room conditions from falling below +59°F. You can also warm up the room slowly before using the laser machine.
Do not place the laser too close to the heat source, since the warm air could be drawn in as cooling air, causing the laser machine to shut down due to overheating.
Do you have a water-cooled device?
Wrap it overnight into an insulating hood in order to maintain optimal temperature conditions. If the coolant is at a temperature below +59°F, the laser machine cannot be switched on for safety reasons.
In summer, laser machines are often exposed to extreme conditions such as the heat of the sun, and the cold from air conditioning systems. Either can lead to problems. High ambient temperature, in particular, can adversely affect the functionality of your laser machine.
Below are some tips for keeping ideal environmental conditions for your laser machine during summer months.
- Avoid direct sunlight. If your laser machine is located near a window, close the blinds or shutters.
- Do not place the laser and its accessories directly into the air flow from an air conditioner either, as this could cool down the parts excessively.
- Good air circulation in the room avoids heat build-up – so just open the window once in a while and ventilate.
Need more help?
Contact the Trotec service hotline where top qualified and motivated laser experts will assist you with any questions or problems.
back to overview