Send your Christmas greetings this year with a laser-cut Christmas card made of three different materials (cardboard, felt and wood veneer). You can also design the card with only wood and cardboard if you don't have any felt. You can even use the wooden cutouts as christmas tree or window decoration. Trotec offers a full range of engraveable wood products in several thicknesses and wood grains, which can be used for this sample. Learn more.
- 1.2mm wood veneer
- 3mm green polyester felt
- colored cardboard
Used Trotec Laser:
- Speedy 300, 80 Watts
- SpeedMarker CL, 200 Watts
- 1.5 inch lens
- use 1.5 inch lens
- To make assembly easier, adhere a thin piece of double-sided PVC-free tape to the back of the wood veneer and felt before laser processing.
With the Speedy 300:
Open the file and send it to the laser. Put the chosen veneer into the machine and select the parameters. The correct parameters depend from the machine and laser power, so they can vary. If not mentioned, all steps are performed in one pass of the laser. Learn more about power options available on Speedy 300.
- Engraving: Power 70%, speed 50%, frequency 500 Hz, air assist on, z-offset 0
- Cutting: Power 65%, speed 2%, frequency 500 Hz, air assist on, z-offset 0
Alternative: with the SpeedMarker CL:
Import the file (download) to SpeedMark and start the laser job.
- Engraving: Power 40%, speed 1500 mm/s, frequency 10,000 Hz, filling 0.2mm
- Cutting: Power 100%, speed 300mm/s frequency 5000 Hz
If you want, you can perform the felt cutting in one pass (e.g. with the Speedy 300 with 28% performance). But be aware that the edges may be a little bit melted.
With the Speedy 300:
Like with the wood engraving, open the file (download) and send it to the laser. Choose your felt and put it into the machine.
- Cutting: Performance 12%, speed 2%, frequency 1000 Hz, air assist on, z-offset 0, 3 passes
Alternative: with the SpeedMarker CL
Import the file to SpeedMark and start the laserjob.
- Cutting: Power 30%, speed 1000 mm/s, frequency 10,000 Hz, 2 passes
The assembly is very easy: just stick the veneer on the cardboard and then fix the felt with glue in the cut parts of the veneer. The Christmas card is ready to be sent!