You can learn how to create the perfect environment for your laser machine with these few handy tips and tricks. Regardless of the season, ensure your laser machine is functioning in ideal conditions.
The below conditions are the msot ideal for Trotec laser machines:
- Room temperature between +15 °C and +25 °C
- Relative humidity between 45% and 65%
It is also important that you protect the laser machine from direct sunlight.
In cooler environments, the overnight and even daytime temperatures can sometimes drop below the recommended conditions. This can lead to condensation in the laser tube which ultimately causes damage. Furthermore, greases and oils can harden which thus affects the mechanical parts.
Learn how to avoid these issues with these tips and tricks.
We recommend installing a frost guard on the heater to prevent the room temperature from falling below the optimal +15°C. You can also warm up the room slowly prior to using the laser machine.
Please note it is important to not place the laser too close to the heat source. The warm air could be drawn into the laser machine as cooling air, causing it to shut down due to overheating.
Do you have a water-cooled device?
In order to maintain the temperate, wrap the device into an insulating hood. If the coolant is at a temperature below +15 °C, the machine cannot be swtiched on due to safety reasons.
In warmer climates, laser machines are often exposed to the heat of the sun as well as the cold from air conditioning systems. Either scenario can unfortunately cause problems. High ambient temperatures, in particular, can significantly affect functionality.
It is important to use the following tips in order to avoid these issues.
- Avoid direct sunlight. If your laser machine is positioned near a window, be sure to close the blinds or shutters.
- Do not place the laser and its accessories directly into the air flow from an air conditioner as this could cool down the parts excessively.
- Good air circulation in the room avoids heat build-up – so just open the window once in a while to allow ventilation.