Expand your application possibilities when laser marking metals and plastics. With the MOPA laser, you can also produce higher-contrast and more legible results when laser marking plastics, mark (anodised) aluminium in black or create reproducible colours on stainless steel and titanium. You can also produce equivalent laser marking results with the MOPA laser faster than with a traditional fiber laser.
Pulse durations of a MOPA laser can be set to predefined values between 4 and 200 ns. As one of the most flexible lasers available on the market the MOPA can be used for many applications: With respect to pulse duration, it can simulate the properties of conventional fiber lasers (relatively long pulses) and those of classical solid state lasers (relatively short pulses) such as Nd:YAG or Nd:YVO4 (vanadate).
For short pulses and lower pulse energy, the material is heated less and the area of the heat affected zone is reduced, resulting in more advantages and possibilities for laser marking metals and plastics:
- Less burning/melting in the edge area when engraving metals
- Less heat develops when using the annealing process to mark metals, leading to a better corrosion resistance
- Creation of reproducible annealing colors on stainless steel
- Black marking of anodized aluminum
- Controlled melting of plastics
- Less foaming when processing plastics
- More homogeneous and sometimes higher-contrast markings on some plastics
With a MOPA laser you also get the same great advantages of a fiber laser:
- long service life
- economic purchase price