Special attention was paid to both mechanical and laser safety during the development of the SP2000 and SP3000 laser cutter machines. The laser cutters comply with all relevant standards, meaning that safe operation is guaranteed.
Laser class 2 allowing 24/7 production
SP series laser cutters are certified as laser class 2, as the laser beam path is completely covered along it's working path and exits the working head which equipped with an active laser deflector shield.
This negates the requirement for structural measures with laser protection walls and special laser safety training for your staff.
Free access while the machine is cutting
Operator protection is a priority at Trotec. A moving lightcurtain system and safety bumpers mounted onto the moving x-axes define a protection zone. If the operator enters this zone the machine will immediately stop, making free access to the working area while laser cutting possible
A highlight of the machines: If the protection zone is entered and laser cutting interrupted, the resume function allows you to resume the job where it was.
All Trotec laser machines are CE-compliant and meet the essential safety and health requirements of the EC Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.
Other directives and regulations also applicable to the product:
- 2006/95/EC Low Voltage Directive
- 2004/108/EC EMC Guideline
Applied harmonised standards:
- EN ISO12100 Machine Safety
- EN 60335-1/2007 Safety of Household and similar appliances
- EN 55014-1/2006, EN 55014-2/1997 Electromagnetic Compatibility
- EN 60204-1 Machine Safety – electr. Equipment
- EN 60825-1/2007, EN 60825-4/2006 and EN 60825-14/2006 Safety of Laser Equipment
- EN 55022/2008, EN 55024/2003 Electromagnetic Compatibility
CE Declarations of Conformity are available upon request.