In this tutorial we will show you how to create a unique wall clock using TroLase ADA Signage material.
To view the full range of Trotec materials, please visit our engraving supplies webshop.
- TroLase ADA Signage 1.6 mm: 1/4 sheet, black with adhesive foil
- TroLase ADA Signage 1.6mm: 1/4 sheet, light grey
- TroLase ADA Signage 1.6 mm: red with adhesive foil
(materials available at Trotec)
- Material to cover the engraving table (such as paper)
- Paper tape
Laser machine used:
- Speedy 360
- 80 Watt with 1.5" lens
Any Speedy series laser machine can be used to create this sample.
- Use either the acrylic laser cutting grid table or the acrylic slat cutting table as they eliminate reflections of the laser beam and deliver excellent cutting results.
- Remove the protective foil after laser processing as it protects the material from scratches
- As we have used filigree graphics we used the 1.5" lens to create this sample
Import our design template into your graphic program and send the jobs to the laser machine.
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
For the best results we recommend using the acrylic laser cutting grid table or the acrylic slat cutting table. They minimise the reflections of the laser beam on the back of the material. Place the TroLase ADA sheet onto your laser table and cover the rest of the table to maximise the exhaust power.
|Colour||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
- We recommend the standard laser parameters from JobControl® optimised for quality. We chose these settings due to the filigree design used, however the light grey base plate can be cut with the faster "speed" parameters.
- The material parameters for JobControl® can be downloaded from www.troteclaser.co.uk
Remove the protective foil from the base plate and then remove the protective foil from the adhesive, and glue the two discs together. Then remove the protective foil from the top plate and position the red material. Mount the clockwork and your clock is ready to display on your wall!
- You can use other materials including TroGlass, acrylic or wood to create this sample. You can find a number of different materials at www.engraving-supplies.co.uk.
- It is possible to mark the clock hands using a fiber laser in a Speedy flexx laser machine.