Customise a pillowcase using our LaserFlex foils range. To purchase LaserFlex visit our engraving supplies webshop.
- LaserFlex foils (different colours)
- A plain pillowcase, for example IKEA "GURLI"
- Material to cover the laser table, such as paper
- Transfer press to apply LaserFlex
Laser machine used:
- Speedy 360, 80 watts with 2" lens
- Vacuum table with honeycomb laser cutting table
Any Speedy-series laser can be used to create this sample.
- Ensure that you have sufficient vacuum to maintain the foils flat position
- Make sure that the graphics are inverted
- Select "mirror horizontally" in the printer window to invert the graphic
To start you can either create your own design or use or ready made template. Send the individual graphics to your laser machine using the following paremeters. We have already inverted the graphic.
JobControl allows you to easily convert your graphics using the printer driver. In the case of complex designs it can be beneficial to invert them prior to sending to the laser.
|Black & White||mirror horizontally, |
inner geometries first
Select the parameters from the material database. Parameters may be different depending on your chosen laser machine and available laser power.
|Colour||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
Once the designs have been laser cut it's time to iron them onto your pillowcase.
Heat the transfer press to 165° C (329° F). Iron the pillow case prior to applying the LaserFlex to make sure that the surface is flat.
Position the first LaserFlex on the case and press it for 17 seconds. Do not remove the transfer foil until the material is completely cool.
Repeat this process for all design elements.
Once all foils have been ironed onto the case, put the finished iron slip into the transfer press and using the same parameters smooth the layers.
In the following video we will show you a step-by-step process for using LaserFlex. You will see how to easily create designs along with the optimum settings for the transfer press for the perfect results.
LaserFlex foils are a diverse material offering nearly unlimited design possibilities. Large or small your design can be easily produced with our LaserFlex foil range.