Follow our tutorial to easily refine a leather belt by laser engraving.
- Belt made of cowhide leather, approx. 3.5 mm thick, approx. 38 mm wide, total length incl. belt buckle approx. 104cm
- Cover material for the laser bed, such as paper
Laser machine used:
- Speedy 400 flexx
- 120 watts
- 2" lens
- Nozzle with small hole diameter
- Aluminium slat cutting table
Depending on the length, the belt can of course also be produced with another machine from the Speedy laser engraver series.
Download graphic files
The first step in this process is to either create your own design or use our template. The job can be sent to the laser with the settings below.
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
|Ordered Dithering||Optimised geometries, inner geometries first|
The next step is to create the laser parameters. These will vary depending on your laser machine and the available laser power.
Place the belt on the aluminium grid table in your laser machine with the belt buckle on the right side. For an optimum laser engraving result, place the belt parallel to the upper edge at a distance of approx. 1 cm. Make sure that the leather is straight - the aluminium grid helps with the alignment.
To create a strong vacuum, cover the remaining working area with a suitable material such as paper.
|Colour||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
|red||Cut CO2||75||1.0||1000 Hz|
|Passes||Air Assist||Z-Offset||Direction||Advanced||Path planning|
|1||on||+2||Top down||High quality||-|
When the laser engraving is completed, remove the belt from the laser machine and clean the surface using a lightly moistened cloth.
Leather is a natural product that responds well to laser cutting and engraving. Even the smallest shapes - whether round or square - are optimally cut out by the laser. Some tips and tricks for leather processing include:
- Vary the present design according to your taste in different sizes, greyscales and engraving parameters. Depending on the colour and type of leather, you will receive additional coloured accents.
- Use the same design on leather in different colours. The result of the finished laser engraving depends on the colour of the leather.
- The laser machine makes it easy to reproduce your individual designs, making personalisation an easy task.