Laser cutting acrylic allows you to create stunning glass edges. By combining laser tape and an acrylic laser cutting grid table you will create a nice down draft, which plays an important part in creating glass edges when laser cutting acrylic.
- 1 sheet of 3mm thick acrylic
- Laser tape
- Necklace chain
- 6mm jump rings
- Needle nose pliers
You can purchase a wide range of different laser acrylics from our engraving supplies webshop.
- In this sample we used cast acrylic.
- To create a more elegant look, we chose a darker coloured acrylic.
- When creating a glass edge it is important to have a nice down draft. Which makes laser tape (painter tape) an important tool to have.
When creating your necklace charm you can use our template or create your own stunning design. Please not that the parameters will differ depending on your laser machine, available power and the chosen material.
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
As mentioned we recommend using the acrylic cutting grid table for laser cutting acrylic. Place the material onto your laser and seal off the rest of the laser table with tape. This will increase the exhaust power creating a better down draft.
|Colour||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
- For this application we used the standard laser parameters from JobControl® optimised for speed. The material parameters for JobControl can be downloaded from www.troteclaser.co.uk
Our range of TroGlass acrylic features a wide range of colours, transparencies and finishes, allowing you to be as creative as you like with your designs.