What are the key things to be aware of when you are setting up your new laser machine and learning how to perform daily tasks? Read on to find out more about getting started with your new Trotec laser machine.
- Check that all connections of the laser machine including the power supply, PC and exhaust system are correct and properly plugged in.
- Perform a visual inspection of the condition of your laser machine. Make sure that all mechanisms move freely and check that there are no materials under the processing table.
- Make sure that the work area and the optics are clean, and clean them if necessary. For more information on this issue read the operating manual section "Regular maintenance".
- Check the exhaust system and activate the cooling system, if necessary.
- Check to see if the filters and the activated carbon of the exhaust system are loaded as indicated.
- Once checked close the protective cover.
If you have a water-cooled laser, the cooling system must be switche on prior to switching on the laser machine.
- Switch on the main power supply of the laser machine by pressing the main switch.
- Turn the key switch on the control panel. This is machine specific and not relevant to all lasers.
- If all covers secured with safety circuit breakers are closed, the system will start referencing immdeiatley after the startup.
- Once the laser machine is switched on, the laser bed moves all the way down while the laser head moves to the zero point (This is in the upper left corner).
- When and acoustic sound and the slow and steady flashing of the LED lights occurs the referencing process has been correctly completed and the machine is ready for operation.
Is your laser not referencing correctly? Read our Troubleshooting instructions.
The bi-directional control (connecting cable) of atmos exhaust systems communicates directly with Trotecs JobControl®, SpeedMark or DirectMark laser software. The exhaust system activates simultaneously when laser processing begins and stops when the job is completed. Other exhaust systems will need to be switched on and off manually before laser processing.
To ensure optimum extraction, we recommend that you adjust the lead and follow-up times of the exhaust system, depending on the material. You can customise the lead and follow-up times in the JobControl® laser software under Settings > Options > Hardware > Exhaust system > Lead time / Follow-up time. As an example this ensures that when processing materials with critical smoke emission, the exhaust system runs at 100% output to completely extract the dust throughout the processing time.
- Turn the key switch on the control panel (if required) to the left.
- Disconnect the main power supply of the machine by pressing the main switch.
Our Handbook for Engravers offers an initial overview of the variety of materials such as wood, glass, leather, acrylic, rubber, stone, etc., which can be processed with the laser machine. You can also learn about some of the applications, such as signs, stamps, souvenirs and many more, which can be produced with a Trotec laser machine. It also contains Tips & Tricks on how to use laser software and hardware. This compact guide will help you get started in the engraving business.
Are you still having trouble switching the machine on or off? Does the laser machine reference incorrectly? Then please contact our Technical Support team. They will assist you with your issue and quickly find a solution.