One sign, four layers, different sign making techniques. Engraving and cutting is combined with multi-layer techniques and three-dimensional lettering. Use backlit with LEDs to put the sign in the best perspective.
- Engravable acrylics and laminates: 1/8", 1/4" and 3/8"
Used Trotec Laser:
- Speedy 360
- 100 watts
- 2 inch lens and 2.5 inch lens
Open the file "Multi-layer-sign" in your graphics software, then send it to the laser. Settings for speed and laser power may vary depending on the machine used.
Power: 60%, Speed: 100%, Resolution: 500dpi, Air Assist: On, Z-offset: +1mm
Use reverse engraving to protect your materials from dust and keep them clean.
1/8" AcrylicsPower: 40%, Speed: 0.2%, Frequency: 20 000Hz, Air Assist: On
1/4" AcrylicsVector marking: Power: 10%, Speed: 1%, Frequency: 2000Hz, Air Assist: On
Cutting: Power: 95%, Speed: 0.2%, Frequency: 20 000Hz, Z-offset: -2 mm, Air Assist: On
3/8" AcrylicsCutting: Power: 95%, Speed: 0.1%, Frequency: 20 000Hz, Z-offset: -3 mm, Air Assist: On
- Use the 2 inch lens for engraving the laminate and for cutting 1/8" acrylics
- For cutting acrylics of 1/4" or 3/8" thickness use the 2.5 inch lens and keep in mind that a good exhaust is very important for perfect results,
- Proper preparation is the secret: Prepare the layers with double-sided adhesive tape, then the assembling only takes a few minutes.
- Help yourself: Engraving the baseplate and the laminate helps for the correct positioning.
- Mounting a top layer on the 3/8" acrylics creates a visual multidimensional effect.
- Be creative! Post your sign ideas on our Facebook Page!