What should you pay attention to when setting up your new laser machine and learning how to perform daily tasks? Keep reading to learn about how to get started with your Trotec Laser.
- Check to make sure that all connections (power supply, PC, exhaust system) are right and properly plugged in.
- Do a visual inspection of the laser machine. Be sure that all mechanisms can move freely and that there aren't any materials under the processing table.
- Check that the work area and optics are clean, cleaning them if required. (Further advice on cleaning can be found in the operating manual under Regular Maintenance)
- Check on the exhaust system and start the cooling system if it's necessary
- Verify that the exhaust system's filters and activated carbon are loaded as needed.
- Close the protective cover.
- If your laser is water-cooled, turn on the cooling system before the machine.
- Turn on the main power supply by pressing the main switch.
- Turn the key switch on the control panel (machine-specific).
- If every cover that has safety circuit breakers is closed, the system will start referencing immediately after startup.
- When the machine is turned on, the processing table moves to the bottom and the processing head goes to the origin (in the upper left corner)
- The moment that the referencing process is complete, a sound will play and the LED lights will slowly flash. The machine is now ready to be used.
If the laser is not referencing properly, please see Troubleshooting instructions.
The bi-directional control (connecting cable) of an Atmos exhaust system directly communicates with Trotec JobControl®, SpeedMark and DirectMark software. The exhaust system is started at the same time as your laser processing and is stopped when the laser job ends. If you use a different exhaust system, please turn it on and off manually before beginning the laser processing.
For correct extraction perofrmance, we recommend that you change the lead and follow-up times for the exhaust system based on the material. This can be done in JobControl under Settings > Options > Hardware > Exhaust system > Lead time / Follow-up time. This makes sure that, for example, when processing materials that emit smoke, the system runs at 100% power at the beginning and the end of the job to completely get rid of dust.
- If there's a key switch on the control panel, turn it to the left.
- Turn off the main power supply by pressing the main switch.
For an overview of the variety of materials (such as wood, glass, leather, acrylic, rubber, stone, etc.) that can be processed through our laser machine, read our Handbook for Engravers. You can learn about some of the applications like signs, stamps, souvenirs, and many more, that can be created with Trotec lasers. Also included are Tips & Tricks for the software and hardware. This compact guide will help to get you started in the engraving business.
Are you still having a problem with switching the machine on or off? Is the machine referencing incorrectly? Something else? Then please feel free to contact Technical Support. We will take care of your problem and quickly figure out a solution.