Trotec was formed in 1997 from a research branch of Trodat and has since become a world leader in laser technology. Trotec develops, manufactures and markets laser systems for marking, cutting and engraving. We serve customers in more than 90 countries and more than 500 employees worldwide. Trotec Laser Canada has been operating as an independent subsidiary in Canada for over 10 years servicing coast-to-coast, with 4 locations including: Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and Montreal. In 2015, for the first time the turnover exceeded 100 million. High technology laser machines rely on the on-going expansion of its technological lead and customer orientation. The in-house Academy continues to improve the qualifications of all our staff. With 17 subsidiaries worldwide, Trotec is internationally active.
Under the umbrella of Trodat Trotec Holding GmbH, Trodat operates globally in the area of stamp production while Trotec operates in lasers.
The Trodat Trotec Group currently (basis for figures: total calendar year 2018) generates a total sales volume of more than € 265 million and has approximately 1650 employees in more than 40 subsidiaries. The group is present in more than 150 countries with total export quota amounts over 98 %.
Both Trodat and Trotec act as subsidiaries under the umbrella of Trodat Trotec Holding GmbH. Trodat is by far the world’s largest manufacturer of stamps and Trotec leads the world market for laser engraving, cutting and marking.
The management of Trodat Trotec Holding
Dr. Norbert Schrüfer, CEO
Mag. MBA Peter Köstler, CFO
Trodat Trotec Holding GmbH is a private company 74.9% owned by the family Müller-Just and 25.1% by the owner of the ImWind Group based in Lower-Austria.
- Purpose of enterprise: Manufacture and sales of CO₂ and fiber laser systems for engraving, marking and cutting various materials.
- Company foundation: 1997 in Wels, Austria
- Address: Freilingerstr. 99, A-4614 Marchtrenk, Austria
- Production Locations:
- Marchtrenk, Austria: Production of CO₂ and fiber laser plotters
- Markdorf, Germany: Construction of special devices
- New Bern, North Carolina, USA: Production of engraving materials
- Sales volume in 2018: € 126 mio.
- CEOs: DI Dr. Andreas Penz, DI Martin Rehling, Peter Kratky
- Employees: 700
- Export quota: 97 % (worldwide)
- Offices: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, South Africa, Germany, Switzerland, France, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, China, Japan, Italy, Spain, India, Mexico
- 51 showrooms worldwide
- Distributor network with 113 partners worldwide
- Product portfolio: Rayjet, Speedy series, SP series, SpeedMarker series, ProMarker series, laser & engraving material, industry solutions, automated equipment
- Awards: ISO50001, ISO9001, ISO14001, User Experience Award, Green Building Award, Hidden Champions 3.0 – Award by WKO, iF Design Award