TroGlitter is a cast acrylic that is mixed with glitter particles. All 6 TroGlitter colours are ideal for laser cutting and laser engraving. The glitter particles in the material make the cut edges look more matter than glossy, in contract to normal acrylic. The material is weatherproof and UV stable. Since the base material, like the TroGlass series, is made of cast acrylic, processing is very similar to our existing acrylic.
Since TroGlitter is acrylic-based, the cutting parameters for TroGlass can be used as starting values to determine the optimal parameters. It may be necessary to increase the power or reduce the speed slightly to cut the material.
CO2 laser engraving tips
- We recommend a resolution of 500 dpi
- Engrave on the front as it is not a transparent material
- When engraving on this material, remove the protective film from the top
- Turn on Air Assist to achieve strong contrast of the engraving. Rapid cooling makes the material appear more matter and white
- We recommend a cutting frequency between 5,000 and 20,000 Hz
- A good exhaust system is also very important for this material. The better the fresh smoke is extracted, the higher the cut quality and the effort required for cleaning is much lower
- Use an acrylic cutting table or acrylic lamellae for a good cut quality
View our laser parameters here.