- 12 sheets of 18" x 24" prefinished wood
- 1 sheet of 12" x 24" frosted acrylic
- At least 50 brass "S" hooks
- Drop ceiling hangers or permanent hooks for a solid ceiling
- Speedy 400
- 80 watts
- 2.5 inch lens
Step 1: Create the layout
Design a layout in a graphics program using the panel sizes provided. The layout should be similar to that of a puzzle. Feel free to use the layout we have provided for this sample. Alternatively, you can create a new and unique combination to fit your space. Ensure that the location of the connecting holes are placed when creating your layout.
Step 2: Create each panel
Create a new copy of each panel and adjust the connecting holes by using guides in your graphics program. Be sure to label each panel with a number so that all the panels are accounted for.
Step 3 - User Settings
Cut out the panels.
Mahogany Wood Panels
Cutting: Power: 100% - Speed: 0.9% - Frequency: 2500 Hz - Air Assist: ON
Cutting: Power: 50% - Speed: 0.2% - Frequency: 20000 Hz - Air Assist: ON
Step 4 - Assemble the Panels
Prior assembling, lay out the panels on the floor to make sure that they all line up well. It is best to start with the top panels and work your way across then down. Connect the top panels to the ceiling using the 'S' hooks. Once all the panels have been assembled, stand back and enjoy your creation!
- Using prefinished wood requires less finishing steps to achieve top quality results
- Cleaning off the smoke residue with a damp cloth before lifting the panels out of the laser machine makes it easier to see if any spots were missed
- We recommend using pliers when assembling and attaching the panels as this allows for the 'S' hooks to be easily manipulated
- Using a combination of both wood and frosted acrylic panels adds a nice decorative finishing touch