Trotec laser used
Speedy 400, 80 watts, 1.5 inch lens;
Black Aluminium Cutting Grid Table
Step 1: Design
We have prepared two unique design suggestions for you to use:
- Business card rack with name
- Display for brochures or city maps with the corresponding skyline
Alternatively, feel free to create your own extraordinary design.
In this video tutorial we show you how to get a drawn skyline from a picture of your choice.
Step 2: Laser process
It is crucial that you ensure the full extraction power at the processing table is available whilst the stand is being laser cut and engraved. For optimal results, cover the remaining processing area with paper or cardboard.
The cutting speed should be adjusted depending on how delicate the graphics are.
Engraving: Power: 20% - Speedy: 30% - Frequency: 500ppi – Air-Assist: ON – Z-Offset: +0.5mm
Slitting: Power: 6% - Speed: 0.6% - Frequency: 1000 Hz – Air-Assist: ON
Cutting: Power: 15% - Speed: 0.5% - Frequency: 1000 Hz – Air-Assist: ON
Step 3: Assembly
- Take the stand and rotate the lower part with the engraving to the left.
- Bend the same part inwards, using the scribed lines.
- Insert the tabs into the slits intended for that purpose. During this step, make sure that you do not exert too much pressure onto the pattern for the rounding.
- For improved stability, eventually bend the top of the tab at the scribed line inward.
- Now only your business cards are missing.