It is easy to make wonderful and eye-catching name tags by utilising different kinds of TroLase materials with you Trotec laser machine. Below you will find a step-by-step guide.
Engraving materials are available from Trotec. Feel free to browse our product range here: www.engraving-supplies.com.au
- TroLase Purple/White 1.6 mm L582-206
- TroLase Burgundy/White 1.6 mm L622-206
- TroLase Light grey/White 1.6 mm L322-206
- Magnet for name tags
Materials available at Trotec
- Speedy 360, 80 Watts with 1.5" lens
For this sample you can use any laser machine from the Speedy laser engraver series.
- Due to the delicate design we used the 1.5" lens
- Use the acrylic cutting grid or the aluminum cutting grid table. It reduces the beam reflections, so there is less likely to be any damage or excess burn marks
See the complete production process in this video turorial:
Begin by importing our template into your graphics program and adapting it as required. You can also use your own designs to create your name tags
Our template has been designed for 1.6 mm material. If you are using other types of engraving materials, you will need to adapt the parameters.
|Process mode||Resolution||Cut line|
|Colour||enhanced geometries, |
inner geometries first
Position your material into your laser and cover the rest of the table to maximise the exhaust power. Now you are able to engrave and cut the various parts.
|Colour||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
- We used the standard laser parameters from JobControl® to optimise speed
- The material parameters of JobControl® can be downloaded from www.troteclaser.com.au
- We suggest you start the engraving from the bottom as this reduces cleaning
As soon as all parts have been engraved and cut, you can assemble them sumply by using super glue. Finally, you can fix a magnet or pin on the back of the name tag, and your product is ready for use.
To enhance the finished results you can use the quality parameters, which provide a refined laser engraving.