Here, we will show you how to make your very own, personalised 'fidget spinner' using your Trotec laser machine. Browse our engraving materials to discover some great colours and textures for YOUR version of this trendy little DIY project.
- Speedy 360, 80w
- 1.5" lens
To create this sample, you can use any laser machine from the Speedy series.
- We recommend the use of the Aluminium Cutting Grid table. It will minimise beam reflections.
- Using the 1.5" lens makes it possible to obtain a more detailed etching than that of a 2" lens.
First, you'll need to import our design template into your usual graphics program and adapt it to suit your requirements. Feel free to get creative and change it up a bit if you'd like.
Remember: Our sample was created with a material thickness of 3mm. Please ensure that you adjust the size of your diameters depending on the size of the ball bearings you use.
|Process Mode||Resolution||Cut Line|
|Colour||Optimised Geometries, Inner Geometries First|
Place the wooden sheets inside your laser machine and proceed to cover the rest of the working area with spare material to ensure you are getting the strongest extraction power possible. Then, you can begin the laser process.
|Colour||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
- We used JobControl's standard laser parameters optimised for speed for this project.
- To ensure the plates you're using are solid and durable, we recommend adhering the Cherry wood.
- Try decreasing the cutting diameter by 1mm to make inserting the bearing into the wood plate easier.
Give the wooden pieces a light wipe-down with a damp cloth. We suggest leaving the pieces in the machine for this step to avoid smudging the wood and making a mess of your working area.
Why don't you try using different materials for your fidget spinner? You can create something amazing if you put your mind to it! Try using acrylic, or maybe mix some materials together - the sky is your only limit! Browse our engraving materials and find your signature colour.