Below, you will learn how to create a classy and personalised gift box using nothing but a simple piece of cardboard and your trusty Trotec laser machine!
You Will Need:
- Cardboard, min. 45 x 60cm, 3mm thick
- Double-sided adhesive tape, extra strong
- Covering material
Ensure that you use the smallest cone possible! This will prevent the material from being dirtied or damaged by burn marks.
Download our graphic and make any adaptations you require. Then, send the graphic to the laser machine using the following settings:
|Process Mode||Resolution||Cut Line|
|Cut Job||1000 dpi||None|
|Colour||Optimised Geometries, Inner Geometries First|
Place the cardboard inside your laser engraving machine with the material facing down. Make sure you cover the rest of the laser bed with scrap paper to ensure you get sufficient suction from the vacuum and the cardboard stays in place. Then, enter the material settings. Please note that the parameters can vary depending on the laser machine you are using as well as the laser power.
|Colour||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
|Cutting Slowly: Red||Cut CO2||30||1.5||5000|
|Scratching: Blue||Cut CO2||10||3||5000|
|Cutting Fast: Green||Cut CO2||50||3||5000|
Be sure to use the external compressed air (= Gas 1) with 4 bar pressures. This will blow the smoke directly through the cutting slots. This will ensure clean-cut edges every single time!
Now, gutter the scratched cutting lines to achieve a nice fold. You can use either a ballpoint pen or a folding stick for this. Apply some double-sided adhesive tape onto the six flaps. Now, make a crease on all the folding lines to remove any tension from the cardboard. Glue the box together, and you're all done! You now have a beautiful, individual, cardboard gift box!
- To make your box special and different, try painting the box once you've finished cutting.
- Try placing a piece of wood or acrylic underneath the cut-out design. You can create an individual engraving here that will appear when you open the box.
- Feel free to replace the words 'Happy Birthday' with any message, date or image of your choice. This is a great way to offer your customers something unique and personalised!