Easter is just around the corner! Are family members and friends coming around this year to share in the food, drinks and good times? Well, why don't you create some wonderful Easter decorations! It will only take you a couple of minutes – it’s well worth the happy faces and compliments you will receive!
You Will Need:
- 4mm polyesterfelt in any colour
- Ribbon - various colours
- Speedy 400
- 80 Watts
- 2" lens
We designed a lovely little Easter basket, along with a few small Easter egg decorations to hang around your house. You can personalise this basket with the name of the person you intend on giving it to, and you can use lots of different coloured felt too. If you're not a fan of the hanging Easter decorations, you can create other little trinkets like napkin rings or decorative flowers. We just want you to make the most out of your material - feel free to get creative!
Send the file, along with your personal touches, to the laser machine. We used a Speedy 400 laser machine with 80 Watts of laser power to create this sample, and it only took us 2 minutes! These are the laser parameters we used:
- Engraving: Power: 33% | Speed: 50% | Frequency: 500ppi | Air Assist: ON
- Cutting: Power: 40% | Speed: 2% | Frequency: 1000 Hz | Air Assist: ON
- Cutting-in: Power: 10% | Speed: 2% | Frequency: 1000 Hz | Air Assist: ON
When the laser processing is finished, remove the product from the machine. Tie the basket together at each end using your ribbon and attach any leftover ribbons to the hanging decorations.
You can use these items to decorate your home, your office or even fill the baskets with little chocolate Easter eggs and gift it to someone as an Easter present!
- We suggest weighing down your felt in the laser machine and using the vacuum at the same time. This will ensure the felt stays flat.
- For a unique and sophisticated look, try cutting out and engraving these Easter decorations using Trotec’s engravable wood.
- If you use the Trotec SpeedMarker GS, you can cut and engrave coloured Easter eggs in a matter of seconds, with no post-processing!
We've also designed an ornamental Easter egg displaying the German phrase 'Frohe Ostern', or 'Happy Easter' in English.
You can always write other phrases, or even the name of someone special, and use this project as another gift this Easter. Please feel free to change the template as much as you want.