Try your hand at creating this nifty little acrylic wine glass holder. It's an inexpensive and aesthetic way to organise your glasses.
You Will Need:
- 1x sheet 3mm TroGlass Frosted
- Spare material to cover the engraving table
- Paper masking tape
- Speedy 360 Flexx
- 2" lens
You can use any laser machine from the Speedy series to create this sample.
- We suggest using the acrylic cutting grid table or the acrylic slat cutting table for this project
- Remove the protective foil from the side of the acrylic you wish to process but leave the bottom foil on. This protects the acrylic from scratches and smudges.
Import our design template into your chosen graphics program and begin adapting it to suit your requirements.
|Process Mode||Resolution||Cut Line|
|Black & White||Enhanced Geometries, |
Inner Geometries First
For perfect results every time, we recommend using the acrylic cutting grid table or the acrylic slat cutting table for this application. This will help avoid back reflections on the material leading to unsavoury smudges and marks. Position the acrylic sheet into your laser machine, remove the protective foil from the front of the material and proceed to cover the rest of the table to maximise the exhaust power.
|Colour||Process||Power (%)||Speed (%)||ppi/Hz|
- We decided to use the standard laser parameters in JobControl, optimised for speed.
- According to your taste, you may be able to achieve better results if you use the laser parameters: 'Quality'
- You can achieve particularly effective results on dark coloured acrylic, especially if you use the fiber laser on your Speedy flexx machine
- Using a 1.5" lens will leave you with a very bright engraving result. 3mm thick material can also be cut cleanly with this lens
- If you want to, you can UV print on this material too. JobControl Vision will help when cutting printed sheets