What kinds of things do you need to know when you're setting up your new laser machine for the first time? How do you go about learning new daily tasks? Well, read on to find out more about getting started with your Trotec laser machine.
- You'll need to check that all your machine's connections are correctly plugged in and in working order (power supply, PC, exhaust system).
- Now, perform a visual check of your machine's condition. Ensure that all mechanisms are moving freely and that there is no scrap material or debris underneath the processing table.
- Ensure that your working area is clean, along with the machine's optics. Clean these is you need to.
- Double-check your exhaust system and activate the cooling system if necessary.
- Have a look to see if the filters, along with the activated carbon of the exhaust system, are loaded correctly.
- Finally, shut the protective cover.
If you own a water-cooled laser machine, you'll also need to switch on the cooling system. Make sure you do this before switching on the laser machine.
- Switch on the machine's main power supply by pressing the main switch.
- Turn the key on the control panel - this is machine-specific.
- If all the covers are secured and safety circuit breakers are closed, the system will begin referencing after the start up.
- When your laser machine is switched on, the processing table will move all the way down, and the processing head will move to the 'zero' point. The pointer will be in the upper-left corner.
- Once the referencing process has been completed, it will make a slight acoustic sound and LED lights will steadily flash. This means the machine is ready for operation.
Is the laser referencing incorrectly? Here you can find Troubleshooting instructions.
The bi-directional control (connecting cable) of the Atmos exhaust systems communicate directly with Trotec's JobControl®, SpeedMark or DirectMark software. The exhaust system will be simultaneously activated at the beginning of a laser process and will stop when the job finishes. If a different exhaust system is used here, ensure that you switch it on and off manually prior to any laser processing.
To ensure a proper extraction performance, we suggest adjusting the lead and follow-up times of the exhaust system, depending on what material you're using. You can even customise the lead and follow-up times in JobConrtol® - you just go to Settings > Options > Hardware > Exhaust System > Lead Time / Follow-Up Time. This will ensure that, for example, when processing materials with a critical smoke emission, the exhaust system will run at 100% to completely remove the dust and the beginning and at the end of the processing.
First, you'll need to turn the key switch on the control panel to the left (if your machine has one). Then, disconnect the machine's main power supply by pressing the main switch.
Feel free to read our 'Handbook for Engravers' to find a basic overview on a variety of materials, including wood, glass, leather, acrylic, rubber and stone, all of which can be processed with your brand-new laser machine. Furthermore, you'll be able to learn about some of the applications that Trotec laser machines can produce. These include stamp engraving, sign making and souvenir processing. It also contains some helpful tips & tricks on how to use our software and hardware. This compact guide will assist you in getting your engraving business up and running.
Still having trouble switching your machine on or off correctly? Or is the machine referencing incorrectly? You are always more than welcome to contact our Technical Support team who will be able to help you out with any problem you may have.