In 1997, Trotec was founded and formed through a research branch of Trodat. Since the company history beginnings, we have grown as a world leader and laser manufacturer in the field of laser technology. Trotec proudly develops, manufactures and markets laser machines for marking, cutting and engraving solutions.
We have developed an extensive range of laser and rotary materials, including TroLase, TroPly, TroGlass and laser-safe wood – all specifically designed for laser manufacturing.
We set new and impressive standards, servicing customers in over 90 countries and employing 500+ members of staff across the globe.
At Trotec, we are always expanding, and embracing our international growth. We have an exceptionally strong, international market presence, with 16 sales subsidiaries. 97% of Trotec’s laser manufacturing is exported from our upper Austrian facility.
All members of management and staff are fully qualified, and receive ongoing training by our in-house Trotec Training Academy, keeping everyone up to date with company happenings, changing landscapes and facts & figures. In 2015, turnover exceeded €100million – now that’s impressive!
Under the umbrella of Trodat Trotec Holding GmbH, Trodat operates globally in the area of stamp production while Trotec operates in lasers.
The Trodat Trotec Group currently (basis for figures: total calendar year 2018) generates a total sales volume of more than € 265 million and has approximately 1650 employees in more than 40 subsidiaries. The group is present in more than 150 countries with total export quota amounts over 98 %.
Both Trodat and Trotec are subsidiaries under the umbrella of Trodat Trotec Holding GmbH. Trodat is the world’s largest manufacturer of stamps and Trotec leads the world market in laser manufacturing for engraving, cutting and marking solutions.
Trodat Trotec Holding management:
Dr. Norbert Schrüfer, CEO
Mag. MBA Peter Köstler, CFO
Trodat Trotec Holding GmbH is a private company 74.9% owned by the family Müller-Just and 25.1% by the owner of the ImWind Group based in Lower-Austria.
- Purpose of enterprise: Manufacture and sales of CO₂ and fiber laser machines for engraving, marking and cutting various materials.
- Company foundation: 1997 in Wels, Austria
- Address: Freilingerstr. 99, A-4614 Marchtrenk, Austria
- Production Locations:
- Marchtrenk, Austria: Production of CO₂ and fiber laser plotters
- Markdorf, Germany: Construction of special devices
- New Bern, North Carolina, USA: Production of engraving materials
- Sales volume in 2017: € 130 mio.
- CEOs: DI Dr. Andreas Penz, DI Martin Rehling, Peter Kratky
- Employees: 500
- Export quota: 97 % (worldwide)
- Offices: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, South Africa, Germany, Switzerland, France, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, China, Japan, Italy, Spain, India, Mexico
- 51 showrooms worldwide
- Distributor network with 113 partners worldwide
- Product portfolio: Rayjet, Speedy series, SP series, SpeedMarker series, ProMarker series, laser & engraving material, industry solutions, automated equipment
- Awards: ISO50001, ISO9001, ISO14001, User Experience Award, Green Building Award, Hidden Champions 3.0 – Award by WKO, iF Design Award