With a few tips and tricks, you can create the optimum conditions for your Trotec laser system – whether in sweltering summer heat or in a fresh winter breeze.
The following conditions are ideal for Trotec laser devices:
- Room temperature between +15 °C and +25 °C (59°F – 77°F)
- Relative humidity between 45% and 65%
You should also protect the device from direct sunlight.
In winter, overnight temperatures may happen to drop below the recommended conditions. This can lead to condensation in the laser tube and thus to damage. In addition, greases and oils can harden, affecting the mechanical parts.
But you can avoid these problems!
Install a frost guard on the heater to keep the room temperature from falling below the optimal +15 °C (59 °F). You can also warm up the room slowly before using the laser.
Do not place the laser too close to the heat source, since the warm air could be drawn in as cooling air, causing the laser to shut down due to overheating.
Do you have a water-cooled device?
Wrap it overnight into an insulating hood in order to maintain the temperature. If the coolant is at a temperature below +15 °C (59 °F), the machine cannot be switched on, for safety reasons.
In summer, laser machines are exposed to the heat of the sun and to the cold from air conditioning systems. Either can lead to problems. High ambient temperature, in particular, can adversely affect functionality.
But with our tips all this should be no problem! Use the following tips to avoid these problems.
- Avoid direct sunlight. If your laser is located near a window, close the blinds or shutters.
- Do not place the laser and its accessories directly into the air flow from an air conditioner either, as this could cool down the parts excessively.
- Good air circulation in the room avoids heat build-up – so just open the window once in a while and ventilate.